Wednesday, July 9, 2008

James Andrew Scelsi

I can't believe it has been so long since my last post. I hope to get better at keeping everyone updated! Andrew was born Friday June 20th at 1:30 a.m. and is now 2.5 weeks old. He is such a doll. So far he has been a pretty easy baby which only helps to make the transition much smoother with Jackson. Jack had a rough week the first week, but is doing better and when asked if he loves the baby, he no longer shakes his head no.

Thank goodness the delivery went so much quicker this time than last time. My water broke around 7:30 Thursday evening and we took our time getting to the hospital thinking that it would be awhile before I delivered. We arrived at the hospital around 9ish and by the time they checked me in, gave me some antibiotics, and I walked a few laps around the hospital floor, I was having strong contractions and needed the epidural. After about 45 more minutes, just as soon as the epidural started working full strength, I felt like I needed to push. Sure enough, Andrew had decided he was ready to make his appearance. He weighed 6 lbs 8 oz, just an ounce less than Jack.

2 comments:

darci said...

so good to talk with you today, Lish!! So glad to hear things are going well in the Scelsi home. I will be praying that there are more restful nights to come very soon! love ya, Darci

Dave and Alicia said...

Thanks Darci! I just saw your comment. Yes, it is already getting better. Andrew is starting to sleep 3.5-4 hour stretches at night.